I have begun discussions with a friend of mine who is a freelance journalist, plus editor and content provider for video. We discussed issues around a strategy, content, shorter & longer pieces, a mixture of things really. What we will need will be things like footage from the schools (as long as relevant permissions are granted) and/or around the area, introductions to key people, explain about the project, various different topics, maybe a collage or two. Mostly it will require content which will encourage people to support us through donations, sale of merchandise, and participation in our ongoing challlenge for 2021.
New for us will be a greater online presence, maybe places like Instagram, YouTube and perhaps Google Ads. I am looking for help & guidance to market Friends of Pakati across these and our existing social media pages, on both Twitter and Facebook (see above). If you or someone you know has expertise in social media marketing please get in touch.
I am hearing from someone who wishes to remain anonymous about a new donation – possibly around £200.00 – coming to us very soon, perhaps as early as tomorrow, which is fantastic news for Friends of Pakati! The individual concerned has specifically asked that I tell absolutely no-one, nor can I publish their name, age or background in any way, nor my connection to them. So, I hereby make the commitment to the donor to respect their wishes.
Should you, dear reader, or anyone you know, also be kind enough to donate to us, please use either of the following:
Challenge for 2021
See below our main fundraising challenge for this year:
If you want to buy some of our merchandise instead, please see:
Or contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Things to come here on Friends of Pakati
● Updates from both Pakati schools and others in Ward 14
● Covid news in Zimbabwe & Ward 14 depending on available information
● New material to come from former Pakati student and recent contributor, Portia Nemaruru
● More about Friends of Pakati’s new improved online/social media presence to boost its reach & expand its content as mentioned at the top of this page
● Latest news on our progress in fundraising at https://friendsofpakati.com/pcs-to-pakati-check-our-progress/