1992 – students help celebrate the opening of the new classroom block at Pakati Secondary school -photo from Debbie Chadbon
Greetings from Friends of Pakati! I know it feels like we are a bit quiet right now, but there are a few things going on in the background, some of which should see us be more established. Below is a little more information about them…
- We have our first regular donor – Sharlom Chaitika – a Zimbabwean now living in the UK has set up a monthly payment to us, so a big ‘thank you’ from Friends of Pakati!
- I am just waiting for more information – links, logo, story and pics – from a rising star of Gospel music. This from another Zimbabwean in the UK. She is also interested in helping us financially…more about her very soon!
- This week I hope to hear is from another UK-based Zimbabwean, who is already involved in various charitable causes. There is some potential to expand the reach of Friends of Pakati, and I will elaborate further when I am able to tell the full story. There is an offer to help with some of the costs, such as running the website.
- I am planning to start a new feature…picking a photo from from the archives which I use on our Instagram page – @friendsofpakati – and giving the back story and a full update on it. I have one already chosen, and am waiting for more info from the individual in the photo.
- I have begun to put together our 6 month review of 2021 to publish at the end of June. There have been highlights, important blogs, events pictures etc., but it will give me a chance to look forward into the coming months as we head towards the 3rd anniversary of Friends of Pakati in January 2022
- There has been a steady increase in donations during May, largely thanks to Debbie’s efforts with her fundraising bike ride recently. Full details will be shown in the monthly updates of the Fundraising page and Income & Expenditure page soon.
- I am always on the lookout for new things – stories, connections, photos, ideas, ways to improve this project & spread the word. Please do let us know what you think about it all (good or bad) though our socia media presence & links